I decided to have another go at brussel sprouts. My previous attempts have resulted in sprouts that I thought tasted nice but were not appreciated by Boyfriend (review: too crunchy, not savory enough).
1. Boil water. Throw in the sprouts whole. Wait 6-8 minutes (less if you LIKE al dente sprouts)
2. Remove from boiling water, cut in half if you have large sprouts. **careful they are HOT**
3. Coat pan with non-stick spray and toss in the sprout halves.
4. Drizzle on balsamic vinegar (enough to have some liquid at the bottom of the pan), sprinkle with sea salt lemon-pepper and garlic powder.
5. Sautee for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally to get the vinegar permeated.
Once out of the pan, a liberal helping of parmesan/romano cheese (but you can really use any grated cheese you want).
I chose to pair these babies with a Blue Moon (get it, Brussels -->Belgium --> Belgian style beer?) that I shared with Boyfriend (so 1/2 of a beer).
Final Vote: I totally thought these were yummy and fit for the General Public but they only recieved lukewarm reviews from Boyfriend. I have a feeling that if I were to slice up some turkey bacon in there, the ratings would have gone up considerably. I'll option the turkey bacon in the Recipes page. Maybe also a drizzle of lemon juice.