Still, they are super tasty as a little bread side with dinner and barely take any effort at all to make!
This recipe was adapted from www.skinnytaste.com recipe for Skinny Cheddar Biscuits
2 cups Busquick Heart Smart Mix
2 tbsp I Can't Believe It's Not Butter spread
2/3 cup skim milk
2 servings fat free shredded cheddar cheese
1.5 servings Weight Watchers Mexican Mix
1tsp (?) garlic powder
1tsp (?) dried Italian seasoning
*I happened to have those two types of cheese on hand. I would probably not want to make these with all 3.5 servings of fat free cheese because it's so dry.*
1. Mix the dry ingredients (Busquick mix, cheeses, 1/2tsp garlic powder, 1/2 tsp Italian Seasoning, salt
2. Add milk and stir. Don't stir TOO much but make sure all the floured mix is well in there.
3. Plop about 1tbsp of the mixture on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
4. Melt butter + 1/2 tsp garlic and Italian seasoning in microwave (30 sec?)
5. Lightly brush butter mixture over the top of the biscuit blobs. You should wind up with about half the butter mix left
6. Bake at 400 degrees for about 10 minutes, brush the biscuits with the butter mix again (generously this time) and let bake for another 5 minutes.
**Watch out though, they may be only a little brown on top but the bottom might be black (like mine). Beware of overcooking and remember that you can always pop them back in but you can't uncook them once it's been done!**