1 tsp baking soda
1 egg white (the egg beaters work just fine!)
1/3 cup old fashioned oats
2-3 tbsp frozen blueberries (handful?), warmed in microwave until liquid collects on bottom.
splash of almond extract (or vanilla)
1 packet sweetener (I prefer Sweet N Lo)
1 tbsp part skim (or all skim) ricotta cheese
2. Put baking powder in last
3. Mix well
4. Heat a pan on medium heat. You can a) spray it with non-stick cooking spray or b) run one end of a stick of butter on the hot pan. This adds a great taste and uses almost no butter.
5. Pour "batter" into the pan and spread out evenly with the bottom of your spatula.
6. Work quickly to evenly distribute the warm blueberries throughout the pancake. Flip when bottom browns and pancake moves when you shake the pan.
Shown is a flipped pancake. This is about the color you're going for. The blueberries are all on the bottom.
1. Other good fruit in these pancakes include bananas, any other frozen berries.
2. For a few more calories, throw in a few chocolate chips.
3. Cooking, prepping and photographing all 4 of these (2 batches) took exactly 25 minutes.